Friday, August 21, 2009

4 Weeks In

Alright - 4 weeks since I uploaded my first design, and here's what's happening:

CafePress: Not much. this site has had a few product pages indexed by Google, and very little else from other major search engines I've checked. I am getting a search engine hit every three days or so lately, but those searches do seem to be relevant for what it's worth. They've mostly come from my product links being featured on the search page. As I am opted out of the marketplace, I am obviously getting no hits there. Interestingly, when I search "brightsparktees" on Google, I still see several links to CafePres marketplace searches that are no longer valid.

Zazzle: I have not had a single hit from a search engine. Some of my products do show up in Zazzle search links when I search "brightsparktees" in Google, but not many. I see my products are on a few affiliate sites. I have not had any visitors from the outside world yet that I can tell. I am seeing 3 - 6 marketplace product views each day, and these seem to be picking up steam a little. Still no products sold.

Overall, it is hard to get too up or too down about things at this stage of the game. I can't expect much action when the search engines haven't done much to index my stores, and 4 weeks is still pretty early for that to have happened from what I can tell. So, I wait.......

I'm not sure the Google Product search listings are going to be a major source of revenue. That's the one area where I have quite a bit of exposure outside of my store and the Zazzle marketplace, yet I am seeing next to no results.

I wish I had some way of knowing where my product views are coming from on Zazzle. I'm pretty sure they are marketplace views since Google Analytics doesn't pick them up as store visitors, but are they coming from people scanning the actual marketplace, or are they coming from people landing on a marketplace listing from a Google search? It's frustrating not to have this sort of information available.

No comments:

Post a Comment