Saturday, August 15, 2009

Customizing Zazzle

Alright, today is the beginning of a big customization project at Zazzle. The default store looks fine on the front page, but I don't really like the "guts" of the store all that much. Basically, you go to a product line and it lists all the products in that line. So, if you have 10 designs on 1,000 products in "cartoon art", you'll get an image of every single product each carton art design is available on - t-shirts, buttons, stickers, hats, etc. in several pages that the visitor needs to scroll through. I don't think that's happening. I'd never stick around for that.

So, I am going to attempt to customize my store to work with thumbnail images that link to a product page for just that one design. It'll really creat a huge mess of a sidebar with all those sub-sections, but my visitors won't need to use the sidebar anyway with the links.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm going to make Zazzle product pages look like CafePress. How's that?

No comments:

Post a Comment