Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Possible progress

There are signs of possible progress towards getting a small flow of traffic started. I see I now have products showing for sale on a few different websites - I assume these are affiliate sites pulling with RSS feeds or something.

I've had one visitor today to the CafePress store, and a few product hits at Zazzle. Those Zazzle hits are somewhat of a mystery to me. So far they don't seem to translate into visitors according to Google Analytics. I have no idea why. We'll see what it says tomorrow - I know for an absolute fact I was not responsible for those hits today.

I am now more than three weeks into shop ownership at CP and Zazzle. I should be closing in on indexing from the engines soon I'd think. I hope.

I'm also happy with the SEO work I've done. It should be enough to generate traffic via search engines if it is going to happen. Considering CP has already gotten sporadic hits despite very spotty indexing, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Zazzle is going to be an exercise in drawing my own traffic, just like CP. Since I'm opted out of the marketplace at CP, I've known from the beginning I'll get no help from them. Zazzle is more of a disappointment. Their marketplace is borderline useless. Store owners post products to the marketplace instead of images, so when somebody decides to load an image onto every product offered, including every shirt style and color, the marketplace gets gummed up pretty quickly. I've got a pretty decent number of images now, but they're lost in the huge sea of marketplace products. At CP, even with what I assume were more images in the marketplace, I could find my images with a reasonable search. Not so at Zazzle, with a couple of exceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment